In 2020 we worked with Public Health England to update and refresh the comprehensive guidance which directly supports the Government’s ongoing strategy for England, Preventing Suicide in England: A Cross Government Outcomes Strategy to save Lives along with recommendations taken from Five Year Forward View for Mental Health.
This guidance is to be read alongside other PHE guidance, including: Identifying and responding
to suicide clusters and contagion and Preventing suicides in public places. It aims to support the
commitment and capability that we know exists in public health, local government, health services,
primary care and the voluntary sector.
The resource includes guidance on:
- the national context for a focus on suicide prevention
- building a partnership approach
- making sense of national and local data
- developing a suicide prevention strategy and action plan
- evidence and ideas for action