We are a not for profit organisation set up to raise awareness about mental health issues in the BAME community. We organise conferences, seminars and are accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructor.
How does your organisation contribute to preventing suicide and supporting those affected by it?
- We use our social media platform to provide education and awareness.
- We signpost to the relevant and appropriate agencies in the community.
- We offer support to those affected by the trauma of suicide in the family
- Our convenor is ASSIST trained so she offers suicide intervention support
What are your current priorities?
- Suicide Prevention
- Working with families, community leaders to understand mental health issues
- Mental Health First Aid Training
What challenges are you currently facing?
- Organisation structure
- Office space