Jigsaw4u started in 1997 as a service for children who had experienced a family bereavement. Since then, we have helped countless families lift the burden of grief, helped families find the words to talk about death and given them a much-needed support system at a time when the smallest things seem insurmountable. We are now funded by Children in Need to provide support after suicide to children and their families.
|Address||40 Mill Green Road
How does your organisation contribute to preventing suicide and supporting those affected by it?
The types of support we offer are:
• Debrief support - this might be the first time for children and families to share the details of what has happened. Families can benefit from this before the need for on-going work is established.
• Individual support and family sessions to meet the identified needs.
• Group support - for children to safely connect with other children and families who have experienced a loss through suicide.
• Telephone advice and consultation for parents and professionals - providing direct advice or directing them to appropriate resources.
• Emergency consultation for schools affected by a death from suicide.
What are your current priorities?
Highlighting the needs of children bereaved by suicide. Support families and communities to talk about the impact of suicide.