Our vision is that fewer lives are lost to suicide and anyone affected by suicide receives the best possible support. With our lived experience network we are striving to ensure that suicide prevention activity across the country is underpinned by lived experience; and that lived experience is valued, respected and seen as legitimate.
There are two ways to join in, depending on the level of time and energy you want or are able to give:
- Online panel: join this large panel and once or twice a month we will contact you asking you to complete a survey, quick poll or provide feedback at a time that suits you, or on areas that you're interested in. You will be using your lived experience to inform our influencing work, support our policy responses or comment on campaign plans. Register now here, and begin helping us reduce suicide and support those affected by suicide. Or you can read more by clicking the link below.
- Influencers: apply to join our group of trained and supported Influencers, working at a strategic level to influence suicide prevention policy and practice. This might include:
- attending meetings with local and national government
- reviewing national, regional or local suicide prevention strategies and plans, or
- speaking at events.
- Read more and find the application details below.
By ‘lived experience’ we mean people who have experienced suicidal thoughts, people who have attempted suicide, people living with or in relationships with those with suicidal thoughts, and those bereaved by suicide. This can include professionals working in this field with personal experience.