LivingWorks will be conducting additional training the day before Manchester’s 5th Suicide Bereavement conference. SafeTALK is a half day alertness training that prepares anyone to become a suicide alert helper.
SafeTALK was developed in 2006 and is now used in 20 countries to increase the confidence of anyone to become active and play their part in a suicide safer community. This course complements the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Aims of the course:
• Identify people thinking of suicide;
• Overcome barriers in talking about suicide;
• Identify reasons we may miss, dismiss or avoid suicide;
• Practice using the 4 step model of suicide altertness; and
• Connect people at risk of suicide with further appropriate help.